Production / Studio ManagerFull Time
Hours: 40 weekly
Tuesday - Saturday 10am - 6pm
Tybee Salt Cottage, located in Savannah, GA, develops, designs, manufactures and manages a line of products inspired by the South and sea. We are a 6-year-old company looking for someone to help us manage the day-to-day production, make and fulfill our products and oversee the fulfillment of orders. We are currently seeking candidates for a position in our growing hand-crafted body care brand Salacia Salts. This position requires the ability to lift and move approximately 55lbs. Must have reliable transportation, have great math skills, internet and email programs; be neat and tidy, and have a keen eye for detail.
Candidates should have passion and skills to accomplish the following job responsibilities:
- Receive and enter orders
- Communication with sales, marketing, purchasing, as needed, primarily through email
- Pack shipments and ship as needed, review all shipments for accuracy
- Act in a production role, making products as needed, and oversee other production staff when applicable.
- Provide work production schedule, providing guidance and clear work flow patterns, especially when multiple orders are due.
- Make, review and watch over production for accuracy, efficiency and timeliness: bulk production, individual products, case products label accurately, placement of product on shelves.
- Coordinate local deliveries as needed
- Ensure storage areas are organized and tidy, manage and project needs for shipping materials (boxes, tape, filling material, supplies); consumables (paper towels, cleaning products, misc goods).
- Responsible for keeping production guide book and inventory labels organized
- Recordkeeping: Track materials, production of products, manage inventory, receive goods
- Light cleaning (interior: windows, mantles, sinks, floors, and all work surfaces; exterior: windows, walkway, sidewalk, signage and front door).
- Help with merchandising products
- Oversee maker studio “gift shop”
- Lead “make and take” classes, teaching classes of teens and adults (approximately 6-8 per session, possibly early evening, as booked).
- Ensure workspaces and shop and are organized, clean(ed) and in order at all times.
- Responsible for keeping tools and equipment in working order and cleaned. Job requires towels to be washed / dried on site.
Candidates with experience in sales, management, customer service, bookkeeping, financials and updating content on a Shopify platform are highly encouraged to apply.
Submit letter of interest and experience to: Cari Phelps • email@example.com