Retail + Studio Associate
Tybee Salt Cottage, located in Savannah, GA, develops, designs, manufactures and manages a line of skincare and home essentials inspired by the South and sea. We are looking for an avid learner, eager, organized and detail oriented, to help us with the production and fulfillment of our products as well as working in our retail location independently.
This position requires the ability to lift and move approximately 55lbs. Must have reliable transportation, have great math skills, experience with internet and cloud-based programs; be neat and tidy, and have a keen eye for detail.
Candidates with a passion for sustainability, eco-friendly practices and interest or experience in natural beauty skincare and holistic health are an ideal fit for our business. You’ll have the opportunity to share with customers and educate, inform, and engage.
This position will work directly with the Studio and Production Manager, other Associates, Workshop Instructors, and assist the CEO with tasks and responsibilities for business and revenue growth.
Initially this position calls for 2 days of production / workshops plus a 7 hour retail shift on Sunday at our gift shop. During the months of November and December, most Saturday and Sunday shifts will be required 10-5p for seasonal support. Additional hours are available for workshop instruction from guest bookings.
Candidates seeking full time employment are encouraged to apply as Salacia will have full time positions with additional responsibilities available starting in 2022.
Hours per week:
21 plus workshops
Production Studio @ 916 Montgomery St • Gift Shop @ 148 Abercorn St, Savannah, GA
Requirements and Responsibilities
- Consistently improve operational efficiencies, processes and procedures
- Organized recordkeeping: Track materials, production of products, manage inventory, receiving of goods during shift
- Offer customer service for on site retail customers, vendors, suppliers, workshop attendees and guests
- Assist with the management of inventory entry and counts for vendor products, dry goods and Salacia products
- Keep Refillery / Replenishing Beauty Bar stocked and cleaned
- Distribution of receivables to designated locations within the business (Production Studio) as well as to Gift Shop on Abercorn St
- Act in a production role, making products with accuracy, efficiency and timeliness. Production Requests will be provided by Management.
- bulk production
- individual products
- inventory management - responsible for reporting and recording needs when inventory is low
- Lead “make and take” classes, teaching small groups, possibly early evening, as booked and during business hours
- Ensure workspaces, work areas, tools, materials and classroom are organized, clean(ed) and in order at all times.
- Oversee opening and closing procedures
Please send a letter of interest to cari @ salaciasalts.com with experience and resume.