Tybee Salt Cottage, located in Savannah, GA, creates and manufactures a line of products inspired by the South and sea. We are a 8-year-old company looking for an enthusiastic candidate to work part-time in our retail space, support light production needs, and instruct mini-sessions and workshops on- and off-site.
Class Instructor / Retail Sales Associate
Approximately 5-15 hours weekly, Saturdays as needed per class schedules, confirmed 1 week in advance.
Candidates should have passion and skills to accomplish the following job responsibilities:
- Support or lead “make and take” classes, teaching classes of teens and adults (approximately 6-8 per session, possibly early evening, as booked).
- Merchandising products; ensure shop is organized, clean(ed) and in order at all times. Displays should be creative and attractive.
- Conduct weekly inventory of finished goods.
- Help with local deliveries as needed.
- Ensure storage areas are organized and tidy, manage and project needs for shipping materials (boxes, tape, filling material, supplies) and consumables (paper towels, cleaning products, miscellaneous goods).
- Light cleaning (interior: windows, mantles, sinks, floors, and all work surfaces; exterior: windows, walkway, sidewalk, signage and front door).
- Support production with basic needs during shop down time or in between classes; filling, packaging, labeling and organizing products as needed.
- Utilize the point of sale (POS) cash register system to accurately and efficiently check-out retail customers.
- Basic administrative support, such as entering in customer emails into Mailchimp database, following up with customer inquiries by phone, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by the Studio Manager and CEO.
Candidates with experience in sales and customer service are highly encouraged to apply.
Why you will love it here
Tybee Salt Cottage offers a beautiful historic space to work and create in. We are located just a block off of historic Forsyth Park and a second location is located in heart of the historic district. We attract locals and visitors alike. Candidates with experience in sales, management, customer service, bookkeeping, financials and updating content on a Shopify platform are highly encouraged to apply.
Interested? Email email@example.com with your resume.